For week 6, we will be reading:
- Katina Rogers, Putting the Humanities PhD to Work (ch2, ch3)
- Julie Posselt, Inside Graduate Admissions (Intro)
- Patricia Matthew, interview on Brian Lehrer Show
As always, you are welcome to select one or more of these questions to use as a framework for your response, or you may wish to reflect on a different topic or question.
- How is success (or value) defined/redefined across the readings for this week?
- How are Rogers, Posselt, and Matthew in conversation with each other?
- If you could design a higher education space, what would it look like? What do you hope to make possible? Whose shoulders are you standing on for your vision, and how are you expanding their thinking (even just a bit)?
- What questions do you have for Katina about the ideas in her book, or about publishing, writing, navigating the GC, working with foundations, pedagogy, etc.?